Skip to Main Content
SAIL – voluntary return to school
Dear SAIL Parents,
This Information is for those of you who have indicated you would like your child to return to school for 1 day a week from June 2 – 19. During these 3 weeks, SAIL will be open for:
STEAM, STEAMX & Compass Students
on Tuesday June 2nd, 9th and 16th from 9:00 am to 2:30 pm
DL Student Support *
on Thursday June 4th, 11th and 18th from 9:00 am to 11:30 & 12:00 to 2:30
*No walk ins… all DL students much make arrangements with your DL teacher before coming in for support.
Students MUST be at the main door 5 minutes early to be let in at the designated start time. If your child wants to arrive later in the day, they must arrange with their teacher to be let into the building. Please note that the doors of the building will remain closed to the public.
Please be advised that the following protocols are in place to ensure the health and safety of all. Kindly review these with your child:
- All who have symptoms of Covid-19 (fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, new muscle aches or headache) must stay home and self-isolate for 10 days. Parents, please report your child’s absence to school.
- Students will be escorted to SAIL via the main stairwell and exit via the west side exit doors.
- Students must wash their hands upon arrival at SAIL, prior to eating, after washroom use, and when leaving the building.
- Student desks will be spaced out 2 metres apart, and students will be assigned a specific desk for the day.
- Students are asked to bring their own laptops and electronic devices to use while at school. If this is not possible, please contact our VP Mrs. Enns to arrange for a loan.
- Students should also bring their own writing instruments.
- Students are asked to remain in the classroom or exit the building to eat their lunch.
- Students will maintain a 6 feet distance when passing each other in the hall.
- All desks/chairs & other surfaces will be disinfected by custodians twice daily.
Feel free to contact our VP MS. Enns, if you have any questions. We all look forward to seeing some of our students face to face on Tuesday next week!