Achieving Success Online
A successful Online Learner is Motivation, Connected, & Persistent. Online learning is different than traditional face-to-face learning. There is both a physical separation and a social gap between students and teachers. Setting timelines and having frequent communication with instructors and is key to success.
- Deliver, monitor, and evaluate student work.
- Ensure the quality and integrity of their courses.
- Maintain open communication channels with parents and students.
- Respond to student/parent communications in a timely manner.
- Review teaching practices and strategies, seeking innovative ways to increase student achievement.
Successful Online Learners are:
- Self-motivated & Goal Oriented.
- Great Time Managers.
- Set personal goals and have realistic timelines.
- Visual learners.
- Computer literate.
- Complete coursework, assignments, tests, etc. in a timely manner.
- Log in to the course on a regular basis and make continuous progress in the coursework.
- Maintain contact with their instructor and keep active in the course.
- Become familiar with all the structures of their online course.
- Adhere to the School Code of Conduct and Academic Integrity policy.