COMPASS 8-12 & Adults
SAIL’s online school is called our “COMPASS Program”. It embraces the idea that every learner is unique and learns in their own way. As a learner you will explore your passions and develop social, emotional, and cognitive skills to help you become highly successful in our ever-changing local and global workplace.
SAIL’s COMPASS program gives students an advantage
By engaging your inherent passion for learning, the SAIL Academy’s COMPASS program encourages learning that develops creative thought, independence and critical thinking in a flexible learning environment.
Our COMPASS program, embraces the idea that every learner is unique and learns in their own way. You will explore your passions and develop social, emotional, and cognitive skills to help you become highly successful and prepared for success in the ever-changing local and global workplace.
Why choose SAIL COMPASS?
Our Compass program operates on a blended model where, as a learner, you can work from home and also have the opportunity for face to face interaction with the teachers at SAIL. In addition, teachers are also available via skype, email or phone. Flexibility and personalization are key components of the student’s learning program. Each student will have an individualized program and be assigned an academic advisor. Enrolment at SAIL COMPASS is continuous throughout the year. Our COMPASS program will allow you to complete your graduation requirements and or upgrade courses to help you gain access to post secondary programs.
Compass 8 and 9 students are expected to attend twice a week. Mondays and Wednesdays, or Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Compass 10 students are expected to attend once a week, Mondays – Thursdays.
Compass 11, 12 and Adults are expected to compete their coursework online.
- Besides their expected attendance requirements, students are welcome to come to our learning centre as much as needed to support their learning plan.
- Students will work on 2 courses at a time. Once the 2 courses are completed, 2 or 3 new courses will be added and started.
- 2 courses should take approximately 8-10 weeks to complete using the guidelines as 80% at home and 20% at school.
- Students will be invited and encouraged to attend Field trips and Social activities throughout the school year.
Online – Self-Paced – Content Accessible Anywhere 24/7
Surrey School District’s SAIL Academy’s COMPASS program is free and is fully accredited by the BC Ministry of Education and offers an alternative educational program compared to a traditional high school.
SAIL COMPASS Courses:
- English 8 – 12
- Math 8 -12 (Foundations, AW, Pre-Calc, Calc)
- Science 8 – 10
- Socials 8 – 10
- Social Studies Explorations 11
- French 8 – 12
- PE 8 – 12
- Career Explorations 8 & 9
- Career life Explorations 10
- Career Life Connections 12
- Info Tech 8/9, 12
- Biology: Life Sciences 11-12
- Chemistry 11-12
- Physics 11-12
- Spanish 10-12
- Punjabi 10-12
- Geography 12
- Law 12
- English Lit 12
- BC First Nations 12
- Family Studies 12
- Foods & Nutrition 12
- Social Justice 12
- Economics 12
- ELL – English Language Arts 10 & 11