SAIL Online Springboard
Springboard Supplementary Learning Program: Spring-Summer Session.
SAIL’s SPRINGBOARD program offers a number of courses that run from April 2nd to August 1st. All coursework must be completed by August 1st… there are NO EXTENSIONS.
Why choose Springboard
- Students have the convenience and flexibility to combine their spring/summer learning with other activities they may take on.
- Students can study and work when they are at their peak energy times and allows for a balance of school, work and family commitments.
- Students can work at their own pace within the April 2 to August 1 time-frame and greatly increase their productivity.
- Students have the opportunity to complete a course in a defined amount of time that is longer than most summer school courses.
- Students have the opportunity to meet face-to-face with their teacher on a regular basis.
If you are interested in registering for a grade 10, 11 or 12 course, please follow these steps.
Step 1 – Complete the Registration Form
You must download the registration form PDF file and save to your local computer in order to fill it in. You must use Adobe Acrobat Reader to fill in and save the form data.
Download the free version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Uncheck “McAfee Security scan plus” (you do not need this.)
Step 2 – Download & Complete the Substantive First Assignment (SA)
All applicants for the Grade 10-12 classes must complete a Substantive Assignment as part of their application process. Choose the appropriate class from the list below. Attach this completed substantive assignment to your registration form, along with your ID (proof of citizenship and residency) and submit them to SAIL at email@example.com.
- Biology-11 SA
- Chemistry 11 SA
- Communications-11 SA
- English 11 SA
- Math-11 Apprenticeship and Workplace SA
- Math-11 Foundations
- Math-11 Pre-Calculus SA
- Physical and Health Education 11 SA
- Punjabi-11 SA
- Social Studies-11 SA
- Science for Citizens 11 SA
- Spanish-11 SA
- BC First Nations-12 SA
- Biology-12 SA
- Calculus 12
- Communications-12 SA
- Comparative Civilizations-12 SA
- English 12
- Family Studies-12 SA
- Foods and Nutrition-12 SA
- Geography-12 SA
- Grad Transitions-12 SA
- History-12 SA
- Law-12 SA
- Math-12 Foundations
- Math-12 Pre-Calculus
- Physical and Health Education 12 SA
- Physics 12
- Punjabi-12 SA
- Spanish-12 SA
Step 3 – Identification
Provide the two pieces of identification outlined below.
Scan or take a photo of your identification. Registration cannot be processed without the following documentation:
- Proof of Citizenship.
- Canadian Birth Certificate
- Permanent Resident Card
- Citizenship Card
- Proof of Residency. One of the following:
- Purchase or Rental agreement
- Cable, hydro or gas bill (must be same address as student),
Students cannot be processed without presentation of a current study visa and Proof of BC Residency.
Step 4– Submit Registration
Email your signed registration form, proof of Citizenship, proof of BC residency and substantive assignment by email firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax to 604-595-6346 or drop off at SAIL Online Reception.
The SPRINGBOARD program runs from April to August. All coursework and tests must be completed prior to August 2nd
NO cost registration open to Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents residing in BC. Students must have access to their own learning devices and computer access with an Internet connection. The browser, Google Chrome, works best with our learning management system. Courses with textbooks will require a refundable deposit.
International students attending Surrey Public schools are eligible to take courses at a cost of $1200.00 per course.
What does it take to succeed online?
- A successful online learner is…
- An independent learner
- Skilled with written communication
- Able to set a schedule and keep it
- Able to meet deadlines
SPRINGBOARD instruction is provided by BC certified teachers who provide the highest quality instruction and communication. We believe all of our students succeed through careful course planning and commitment and dedication to their studies.
Full BC Curriculum Courses
SPRINGBOARD instruction is fully accredited by the BC Ministry of Education and offers a flexible educational program. SAIL is part of the public school system and the Surrey School District. Our courses follow the BC Ministry of Education curriculum.